Did you just purchase or sell a propane fueled home? Let us take care of that for you!

Welcome to your new home!

As a homebuyer, you want a clean, safe, reliable, and affordable fuel that you can count on today and far into the future.  Propane can deliver on those dreams.

If you are in the process of purchasing a propane powered home or have recently moved, we can help.  Let’s get started!

Purchasing a home

Homebuyers should negotiate with the seller the propane and equipment on the property.  MS Propane can help with this process. Give us a call.

Does the homeowner own the tank or is there a lease?  The seller should provide a bill of sale for a customer owned tank.  How many gallons will be in the tank at transfer?

If you have recently moved

We will take care of everything in 3 easy steps:

  1. Gather your closing papers. The papers should have the tank information and the propane levels transferred to you.
  2. Locate the propane tank(s) on your property. We will need the tank size, service information, data plate and serial number, and a current percentage in tank reading.  Somewhere on the tank or under the dome, you may find a service sticker.  You will also find a data plate.  Read the gauge to find the percentage of propane.  Write down all the information or take a photograph.  If you are unsure.  Give us a call.
  3. Call us and we can set up your account. Whether the prior owner used MS Propane, or you heard about our great service, we can take care of all the details.

Selling your home?

It is time to move on to bigger and better things! Please contact us and let us know that you are moving. We will handle the transfer to the new homeowner.

Be aware that you will need to make sure that any equipment leases, customer owned tanks, and the gas left in the tank, should be negotiated with the buyers, and are included in the closing papers.


Discuss with the landlord the details of the propane tank.  The best practice is for the landlord to fill the tank at the point that you move in.  Then upon vacating the property, the tank should be filled.  Another popular option is to read the tank at move in then fill to that amount at end of your lease.

You will need to know if the landlord owns the tank or if is a leased tank.  An equipment lease agreement will need to be completed.  Fill out a landlord/tenant propane equipment agreement form, available here.